The Annandale Boys and Girls Club boxing program offers boxing lessons for self-defense, competition on both the amateur and professional levels and for fitness. We accept all ages and have no geographical boundaries.
Our gym is located in the Annandale Sports Center located at 6728 Industrial Road in Springfield, Virginia 22151. Use the Commercial Drive entrance. Click here for a map.
We hold both amateur and professional matches at the sports center. To receive information on our schedule of events, leave an email or US Postal service address, and we will put you on our mailing list. We will notify you of all of our coming attractions. Leave the aforementioned information on our voice mail at 703-750-1751 or mail it to the above mentioned address.
Our list of champions include:
- Ali Shah, 2003 Virginia State open Champion at 152. Voted "Best Fighter" of the tournament.
- Ben Russell, 2003 Virginia State 10-11 year old, 70lbs Champion
- Ali Shah, 2002 Virginia State U.S.A. & Golden Glove Champion at 147 lbs.
- Zaine Shah, 2002 Virginia State U.S.A. & Golden Glove Champion, 2002 Golden Glove Regional Champion and National Golden Glove Competitor at 156 lbs.
- Ray Chanchaivit 2002 Virginia State U.S.A. & Golden Glove Novice Champion at 139 lbs.
- Edgar Torres 2002 Virginia State U.S.A. Novice Champion at 147 lbs.
- Tony Torres 2002 Virginia State J.O. Champion at 125 lbs. Winner of trophy for best fighter of the tournament.
- Steve Wheaterly 2002 Virginia State U.S.A. Novice Heavyweight Champion
- James Quirentello 2001 Virginia Golden Glove Novice Champion at 139 lbs.
The Annandale Boys and Girls Club boxing team is coached by Leo Rossiter, certified by U.S.A. Boxing. He is a licensed professional boxing trainer in several states. Mr. Rossiter was trained and fought under Mr. Mack Lewis of the Baltimore Athletic Association for several years, reaching a number two ranking as a light heavyweight in the South Atlantic.
Mr. Mack Lewis, known affectionately in the boxing circles of Baltimore as Mr. Mack, is a legendary trainer in Charm City. He’s trained such notables as Welterweight contender, Vernon Mason, former United States Junior Middleweight Champion and number six world contender, Alvin Anderson, Heavyweight contenders Larry Middleton and George Chapman, and world champions Vincent Peterway IBF welterweight champ and undisputed heavyweight champion of the world, Hasem Rohman.
With this resume, the Annandale Boys and Girls Club has a solid program to begin or help foster an established boxing career.